Game Changers 2016 was a huge success!
A weekend of game-making. Over 80 participants, most first-time coders and game designers. 2 different locations. Communities from Watsonville, Salinas, UCSC, and CSUMB united through games. A total of 19 original games.
Day 1: Paper
Participants learned the process of game design and how to communicate ideas with games. They had a blast playing, modifying, and designing card games of their own.
Day 2: Computer
Digital NEST, Watsonville
- Catch 22, by AmberCelest R Ventura
- Dark Castle Exploration, by Anonymous
- Feel What You Say, by Domingo, Dominic, and Josue
- LEGACIES, by Ch3f
- Lost in the Woods, by Yetnaletsy G. and Juan Pablo Chavez
- Maze Hunting, by Yuliana and Samantha
- Mountain Farming, by Shane Vega
- Stranded, by Aaron Morales and Rylan Sampson
- The Fisher, by Angel Gutierrez
- The Huntress, by Anonymous
- The World, by Alex P., Rodrigo D., and Jesus V.
- Trail, by Braelen Addison
Alisal High School, Salinas
- A Chew, by Bryan Rico, Christopher Arroyo, and Damien Fabian
- Exotic Unity, by Josue Guerrero, Angel Soriano, and Francisco Rosales
- Terraprom, by Juan Nunez, Victor Guijarro, Jordan Lobato, and Jake Lopez
- Untitled, by Brandon, Tony, and Andres
- One Day at the Water Park, by Myrka Gonzalez
- What Could Have Been, by Cristian, Carlos, Miguel, and Myrka